Readers: If you'd like to build the ATTINY1616 experimenter's board featured in this post, please go to PCBWAY's Community pages--gerber file; KiCAD 10 project/pcb/schematic/library files, a blink sketch, an assembly B.O.M., and more, are here.
You can also help out this blog immensely by checking out PCBWAY using the link here. Thanks!
======
Quick one this time....gearing up for retirement at my day job, hopefully means I can spend more time with DIWHY. Short on time I conjured another experimenters' board based on the single-chip ADSR (previous post here; PCBWAY community project here):
![]() |
| 5-11-26 version omitted silks calling out the ATTINY1616 pins for the pots..fixed--updates posted to the PCBWAY community page. |
The idea: I took the one chip ADSR design (again--previous post here), added edge connectors, more power options, and improved silkscreen callouts.
![]() |
| Good Day in the USA, new boards from this blog's faithful sponsor, PCBWAY |
![]() |
| the SOIC MCU was not difficult to solder by hand.... |
![]() |
| Then I added the 7805 regulator and the buffer IC and tested. No smoke or shorts. The remaining components were through-hole because I have bins of them. |
Before I wrap up--word from PCBWAY, this blog's friendly sponsor...
Once you've uploaded your firmware, figured out your final designs, and are ready to rock and roll head for PCBWAY and get some prototype PCB's made....They also do great work with 3D printing, assembly and can even act as your OEM. You can support this blog by checking them out--link here--as well as the PCBWAY community (here).
The board in action:
![]() |
| blink test works.... |
That's all I have time for for now--I am going to take a break from DIWHY for the next month or two to focus on wrapping up things at my day job, moving my recording studio and workshop (again), and other housekeeping, but I'll be back.
In the meantime I need to think about what to ask AI to code for me. Maybe AI will help me decide what I should ask AI to help me decide? It's a strange new world.





No comments:
Post a Comment